This is a digital file, and will be sent to your email address upon purchase.
When I first started broommaking, and went to a studio to do so, I was not provided a list of necessary tools, and where and how to purchase them. I conducted extensive research to find all of the supplies and tools I needed to be successful. As I progressed in my broom-making journey, and in obtaining resources, I documented it all in this resource.
If you are just starting out as a broomsquire, or even if you've been making brooms for awhile, this resource guide will provide you with the following:
- List of 50+ broom-making supplies and/or equipment. Primary categories included: Books, Forums, Cording, Cutting Tools, Dyeing tools and various products, Various Fiber, Handle Sources, Knives, Leather Sources, Nails, Needles, Production Tools and Sources, Sewing Vises, Shaving Mule, Tying Table.
- Inclusive of the following:
- Category such as book, type of cording, cutting tools, various dyeing resources, etc.
- Specific name of product
- Name of supplier
- Link to supplier if supplier is online.
- Details on what the resource is used for
- Cost if available - obviously, this is subject to change based on the vendor, but it gives you an idea of the price of the item.
- Notes from Val - why it is recommended, etc.
Category 1: Cording
Cateogry 2: #18 500 ft Braided/Tarred Duck Decoy Line
Info: For sewing broom. Can also use waxed linen, but waxed linen is expensive.
Resource: Wallace Cordage Company
Cost: $8.88 plus shipping
My request of you if you do purchase the resource, is to honor all of the extended efforts I put into this resource, and not post it online or share it with others. I will continue to update the resource as I progress in my journey, and I will keep a list of folks that purchased, and provide updates as they become available.